Sunday, March 1, 2009

Now What?

I talked to mom yesterday and today...and she's trying to figure out what to do! She's bored...but she gets tired so quick and easy. She wants to get out and do stuff...but she can do one little trip (like to the post office) and then she has to come home and sleep. She wants to see people...but not all at once and only in short spurts. She asked me yesterday if I could help her post to the blog...but then she got to tired.

Oh yeah and she told me today that she has trouble focusing...then during our phone call she and dad went over the Costco Shopping list and then came back to talking to me. I can't remember if trouble focusing is a side effect of the chemo...or if it is just in mom's nature to be GOING, GOING, GOING and her body is trying to remind her to take care of herself. Who knows. But that is the update for now.

Not too much to report - she's sounding good. It seems like maybe the day after chemo is good and then the two days following are harder. She goes to the doctor this Wednesday to check her blood work and all so we might have a more significant update later this week!

2 comments:

  1. I think the lack of focus is her brain going at Mach10 like usual and her body going at 10mph. I have no doubt she'll adjust to living life a little slower for awhile and then be up and running again in no time.

    Slow and steady wins the race, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    The lack of focus is called chemo brain. Its like when someone is in a horrific car accident and can't remember any details. Chemo is a blast of poison to your entire system. Your brain is saying I don't know how to cope with this so I will just forget about it. You may find your lack the focus prevents you from driving a car, reading a book or even watching TV. To me this was the most frightening part of the chemo. I thought, oh great, I will be cured of cancer but be drooling on myself. It WILL go away after your treatment. I was content just to watch the trees blow in the wind! Sleep is the best thing for you now. You are being poisoned girl and your body needs lots of rest. We are all pulling for you and very happy that you are home.

    Love, Cheri

    ReplyDelete